Monday, December 10, 2007

Louis BUVELOT @NGV in Federation Square

This painting names "Waterpool near Coleraine(sunset)" painted by Louis Buvelot. When I see this, I said, "Amazing!" to myself. It's really common scenary in Australian countryside. Maybe there are a farm, and two big trees and a pond in this place. The light of sunset is just beautiful and it's peaceful time...but I felt nostalgia for this painting. Also, the gradations from bright orange to dim light of the night are realistic colour. It was like a photography!
This is not showy painting, but this is one of my favourite paintings at NGV.

2 comments:

Zbych said...

I agree, I do think that this painting captures something very unique to Australia, and it is very well painted.

Takaki said...

i agree too. When i saw this picture at first, I thought "This photo is well taken." But when i looked this closer i noticed this was painting! Amazing!!